Saturday, November 21, 2009

I Need A New Change Of Batteries Please

Awoken to a rainy morning..yet again..

Pulling my body away from the fluffy warmness of my comforter..

A quiet Saturday morning I might add..

Felt I've forgotten some important things..

Oh...

This coming week would surely be a challenging one..

Piles of school works to be done..

And not forgetting, money constraints..

Aiiihhh...the agony..

Nevermind..I'd be home on Thursday..I'd make it somehow..

Budget-eating mode ON =D

At times like these, I'd remeber the good old days when I was still in Penang, where I was left only with RM10 in my wallet..to sustain a week's eating budget..

Sounds ok right? I don't think so..

The downfall was that the only RM10 was for my gas..for Savvy-chan...sigh..

So, for the whole week, I made fried rice for lunch..switching with home made sandwiches in between them which was quite economical I might add..

You see, the main thing I'm trying to point here is, you don't need a million buckaroos to live your daily life..

Its how you live well, and spend the money..that's the main thing..

Nowadays, us tend to think money is everything..Its really saddening to think its everything..

TRUE, money buys you fine food
TRUE, money buys you nice clothes
TRUE, money buys you all the luxurious you could think of

But somehow or rather..

Money CAN'T buy happiness
Money CAN'T buy friendship
Money CAN'T buy true love

Sometimes, I just couldn't understand (I don't know if Im the only one whose naive, or even slow here, correct me if Im wrong) why us people tend to freak out if lets say you are short of money..

Wake up!!! It's not the end of the world or anything..You'll practically live..

Its only the matter how you straighten and plan out your life..

An incident happened to me recently, right in front of my eyes, where, because of money, friendship ties were severed, and end up nastily..

And I was part of it sadly..I didn't know how to react, in the end, I just left it end in an ugly manner..I don't know if it was my fault to begin with, but I felt hurt by the thoughts of because of money, the beautiful friendship was never true to begin with..

To me, you could gain money wherever you go..

But a good education, a lasting relationship, and trust among peers, is earned for a lifetime..NOT bought by money..ask anyone, I bet they'll second my thoughts..I'm no goody-two shoes, but its how I view life..call it from experience if you might say so..

Tried to tell them though..I really did..Just because, I care and loved them..But all I got back was rude comments slapped right at my face...

Maybe to them, I was just a plain dumb, conservative person..too bad..they couldn't see things in my view..

So you see, what Im trying to say here..

Its NOT how much you have that's important, its how WELL you manage your spending to live your life..

Maybe what you have isn't as much as Bill Gates or Donald Trump..

Just be content with what you have..

Have the feeling of gratitude in you, and Im sure, you will see things differently..

Am NOT saying being poor is cool or anything..

Just be content, and grateful..that's all =D

Self indulgence is nice once a while, but too much of it, could spoil you silly, so be wise my friends =)

P/S - This is a good time to tone down all the fatties on my tummy..woo hooo =D

Out~

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com