Monday, May 21, 2012

We Accept It As It Is

Assalamualaikum..

Hello everyone..just got back from JB today ..
Grandma was admitted into ICU last Saturday, and all of my siblings gathered back home on Friday for a visit..
It was a really heart breaking moment to see the one you really cared and love lay there helplessly..
The Grandma I knew was an iron lady, had always managed to pull through practically everything..

Seeing her helplessly on the bed motionless, made me practically unable to churn the fact that the person whose laying on the bed was her..
No matter how much I've tried to control myself, the tears kept on swelling in my eyes, and drops unconsciously now and then..

It had been an emotionally tiring period for me last week..had to push myself to go to classes, forced myself to eat..
I was practically a walking zombie..
All I ever think of  was my Grandma..and how her condition was..
Every now and then Mama would call up late nights and early mornings, crying..
I guess it took a toll in all of us, as a family..

I was literally on the verge of breaking down, that I often found myself sobbing quietly in between classes, in between phone calls and in between meals..
I lost my weight unconsciously..

Dragged myself to endure the 4 hours drive back to hometown..
And on Saturday itself, I was temporarily warded in the Emergency ward the same hospital as my Grandma..
Why?
I was having continuous high fever for almost 9 days before..and it gets worse every day..
With the lack of proper meals and the pile of stress, I guess its no surprise I didn't land in there sooner..

Had a blood test and chest X-Ray and I was diagnosed by the doctor to be lacking of Potassium, white blood cells and red blood cells..
Simply put, the level of salt in my body is below average of a normal person T___T
So, I was warded and put on IV Drips for around 4 hours..
Because I was stubborn, and refused to be admitted (cause I had classes on Monday and I cant afford to miss it) =D

Amidst everything that had happened, my whole family gathered on Sunday (20 May 2012) to celebrate Ayah's 57th birthday =)
Im glad we managed to stick together through thick and thin to leap the hurdles that happened in our lives..

I hope and prayed to Allah that my Grandma would get well soon, and everything would be better for all of us..
Insyaallah =)

P/S - May this month of Rejab brings us more grace and good offerings in this life and after, Amin



0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com